Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Part 2 Chapter 4 Bouncing of Love and Lights (Ch.9 in DM)

And this is the secret of Female Waters that Draws down the Male Waters - like a wise sage that when I praise his wisdom I awaken his power to be wise - therefore Hallel [Prayer of Praise] is from the same root as the word Hilo (Job 29:3) meaning to light...

There is a special mechanism in the world that when I praise someone I awaken in him and cause an additional energy in that aspect in him.  Just like we speak about "as water reflects the face so the heart of man is to another". So when there is a feeling of love in me for someone it forms a feeling of love in that other to me. And the same way with the Hallel .

There are special materials that are called fluorescent. When I shed light on them they begin to illuminate. There are signposts on the highways that light in response to the headlights. Similarly in the Hallel, I send a ray of light and I receive back a whole picture in fluorescent colors.

G-d created everything with male and female aspects meaning an aspect that appeals and awakens and an aspect that responds to this awakening with a flow of abundance. Prayer is also this kind of dynamic and so our praise helps to awaken the flow from above.

(The text in italics are the words of Derech Mitzvosecha by the third Lubavitcher Rebbe, the Tzemach Tzedek. The bolded words are Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz's commentary as heard on his shiurim on hashefa.co.il. The rest is my commentary. All rights reserved to Rabbi Steinsaltz. Pictures courtesy of Moshe Schlass.)

No comments:

Post a Comment